Personal Information (Personal Data) refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, or telephone number), and personally identifiable health or medical information (“Health Information”), and any other non-public information that is associated with such information (collectively, “Personal Information”). When we use the term “Anonymized Information”, we mean information that is neither used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual. Anonymized Information cannot be related to an identified or identifiable person and are consequently not personal data. Lastly, when we use the term “Cookies”, we mean the small pieces of information that a Platform sends to your browser while you are viewing a website and which is stored on your computer, smartphone or other device for accessing the internet.
- Questions and Concerns
You may request us or any third party instructed by us to:
– provide you with information on the Personal Information that are being processed about you, the purposes of the processing, the categories of recipients of the data, and any available information as to the source of such data;
– correct, erase or block Personal Information we or any third party instructed by us hold about you if these turn out to be inaccurate or misleading;
– If you have requested to receive information from us and do not wish to be receive further information, you can easily opt out of receiving further information from us by sending an email to address set out above.
If the Personal Information we, or any third party instructed by us, have about you changes please let us know as soon as possible so that we can keep our records up to date.
Our privacy practices are intended to comply with the EU Data Protection Directive 1995/46/EC and the Belgian Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data (hereafter “the Privacy Act” – published in the Belgian Official Journal of 18 March 1993) and its implementing decrees.
- Children under age 18
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 18 to create Accounts that allow access to our Platform. Children under 18 are not allowed to use the platform without the supervision of an adult.
- Data Controller
The data controller responsible for the Platform is ViViDoctor. ViViDoctor is responsible as controller for the processing of the Personal Information you provide in order to use the Services provided by the Platform (see art. 8).
ViViDoctor is also responsible for management of any Personal Health Information exchanged between the users of the Platform by the secured server, namely between a patient and a care-giver. In this context the patient consents explicitly that the care-giver can have access to his Personal Information in order to provide the required Service to the patient
If the agreement between ViViDoctor and a care-giver comes to an end, ViViDoctor will keep all health information on the platform. If you explicitly consent to it, this Personal Health Information will be accessible to another care-giver with whom you are in contact with. With your explicit consent, a copy of the information can be given to the care-giver with whom you were in contact with.
- Collection of Personal Information
If you register to the Platform you understand and hereby explicitly consent that we may collect, process or use Personal Information about you as set out in this Policy. The Personal Information are provided by you on a voluntary basis. Not providing the Personal Information mean that we will not be able to provide you with an access to the Platform and create an account.
The Personal information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your name, birth date, email address, username, password, , and other registration information (Country of Residence, Languages you speak, etc…)
- Which care-giver you consult
- Health Information that you provide to ViViDoctor, may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, symptoms and other health related information. Health information about you prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Platform such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, medical device data and other health related information. The information is purely available to the care-givers if you consent to.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, e.g kind of internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Platform.
- Other information you input into the platform.
- Logs about your interactions with the care-givers and the platform (e.g records of date and time of the visits, history etc.)
- Use of collected Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you Platform’s Related Services
- To improve the quality of healthcare through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities
- To create Anonymized Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Platform
- To market and promote the platform and services to you. ViViDoctor assumes that you give consent to this information collection and use, but it also gives you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving direct marketing or market research information by emailing at email@example.com
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
- We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide (subject to applicable legal restrictions). You understand and hereby consent that your Personal Information will be made accessible:
- On basis of your explicitly writing consent to a care-giver user of the Platform;
- To our subsidiaries, partners and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To any governmental, administrative, judicial or regulatory authority to cooperate in proceedings, inquiries and investigations by such authorities or to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Our employees who have access to Personal Information have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we take appropriate measures to try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
- Information Collection – Cookies Policy
As you use the Platform or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Your activity on the platform: ViViDoctor may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Platform, such as the content of searches you perform, or the buttons you click. This information serves as a base to improve our services.
- We use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Platform and Service easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and ViViDoctor. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the webplatforms you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you will not be able to stay logged in to the Platform.
- Device and Browser Information: When you access our platform from a computer or any other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times, memory dumps (collectively, “Anonymous Information”).
- Real-Time Location. Certain features of the platform may use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device.
- Mobile Health Application Data: If you have authorized the ViViDoctor app to retrieve your health information stored in your mobile, we may bring this data to your care-giver with your explicit consent.
- If you contact ViViDoctor, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information which you give us authorization to use.
- Anonymized Information
We may use Anonymized Information created by the platform without restriction.
- Information You Share with Third Parties
- Modification of Information
Members are able to update some of their information through the Platform. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Limitations on Deletion of Information
You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
- Steps we take to keep your information secure
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information, such as encryption. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information in our best ability, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
All data is transmitted using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
- Report Violations
You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to email@example.com
- Video Recordings of Interactions
ViViDoctor doesn’t record or keep any of the video interactions for any purpose.
- Data storage
ViViDoctor takes all steps to ensure that your data is securely stored and treated.
The Platform database and web site is hosted centrally by ViViDoctor using a service provider European Union. In the future, we may decide to host the data at another service provider in European Union.
Certain features of the platform may link to social platforms (e.g inviting your friends etc.) Ensure that you don’t submit any personal data that you don’t want to be seen, used or collected by third parties. ViViDoctor does not accept responsibility in such cases.